Yearbook Cover Contest
Yearbook Cover Contest
Entries Due: Monday, November 25, 2019
The 2019-2020 Yearbook Cover Contest has started! This year the theme is:
Oh, the Places You’ll Go
Who may enter?
- All current Forestville students may enter.
How many times can a student enter?
- Students may submit up to two designs.
Can two students work together to create one cover design?
- Up to two students may work together, as long as both students currently attend Forestville. If more than two students work on a yearbook cover, it will not be eligible to win. If you work with a friend, that design counts as one of your two total submissions.
Can my mom, dad, sibling, etc. help me with my design?
- Family members who aren’t currently students at Forestville can give you ideas for your cover design, but the design must be created and drawn only by you.
What size paper should I use and where can I get it?
- Entries should be on 8.5”x11” paper and should be vertical in format. Horizontal entries will not be eligible to win.
- The paper is standard-size printer or copy paper. You can use paper you have at home, get paper from your classroom teacher, or from Mrs. Riddell.
What art supplies can I use for my design?
- Colored Pencils (Be sure to press hard. They tend to write lightly).
- Oil Pastels
- Cut-Paper Collage (as long it isn’t from magazines, the internet, or other copyrighted sources).
- Chalk Pastels
- If you think of another art supply that isn’t listed, just ask Mrs. Riddell before starting your design.
What words, letters, and/or numbers should I write on my design?
- The words: Oh, the Places You’ll Go are the only words requested. Adding words that don’t go along with the theme may make your design ineligible to win. If you decide to include any words, make sure they are written neatly and with correct spelling. Entries with words misspelled most likely won’t be considered.
- Be sure to include your name and your homeroom teacher’s name on the back of your design in pencil (pen or marker might show through).
Will I get my design back after the contest?
- If your write your name and your homeroom teacher’s name on the back, you will get your design back after the contest.
When is my cover design due and where do I hand it in?
- Cover designs are due November 25, 2019.
- Submit all designs to Mrs. Riddell in the art room or to her mailbox in the office.
What happens if my design is chosen for the front cover of the yearbook?
- One design will be chosen for the front cover of the yearbook.
- If your design is selected, you will receive your 2019-2020 yearbook, free of charge.
- A photograph of you, holding your original design, will appear on the art page in the yearbook.
- Winners will be announced on Forestvision and, after the announcement, posted in the art room.
Is there only one winner?
- Only one design will be selected for the front cover and will be featured on the art page in the yearbook. If two students created the winning design, each will get a yearbook, and each will be pictured on the art page.
- Five designs will be selected for honorable mention. These designs, along with the names of the students who created them, will be featured (on a smaller scale) on the back cover or the title page of the yearbook. Students who received one of the five honorable mention spots will not receive free yearbooks, only eternal Forestville fame.! 😊
If you have any additional questions, please see Mrs. Riddell. Good luck to all who enter and thanks for participating in the annual Forestville Yearbook Cover Contest!