Learn about Forestville Elementary School!
- The mission of Forestville Elementary School is to provide each child with a learning environment which: promotes academic achievement; develops a positive regard for self and others; stimulates intellectual curiosity; encourages the use of technology; and instills a sense of productive, responsible citizenship with an increasingly diverse society.
- The core of Forestville School's program is a strong general education foundation which emphasizes instruction in reading, writing, mathematics, social studies, science, health, a nd the arts. The program recognizes and respects the developmental needs and patterns of children and provides an emotionally and physically healthful environment for them.
- Further, Forestville's staff is dedicated to offering learning experiences which are both challenging and tailored, so students can develop independence and find success. We believe that all learning experiences must contribute to the development of the child's fullest potential in every domain - personally, socially, academically, aesthetically, and physically.
- We believe that the collaborative efforts, talents, and energy of parents and staff must always focus on the accomplishment of this vital mission.
FCPS School Profile
- The Forestville School community recognizes that all students can learn. We will engage in on-going assessment to monitor learning. We will remediate and challenge all students using a variety of strategies, programs, resources and best instructional practices. We will work collaboratively to set and maintain high expectations and offer a challenging, stimulating curriculum.
- All students can learn.
- The partnership between family, community, and school is essential to our success.
- In remediating and challenging all students using research-based best instructional practices.
- Technology plays a key role in preparing children for twenty-first-century learning.
- Individual needs of each child are recognized and met through differentiation.
- Students should be safe, responsible, and respectful.
- In helping students to recognize their talents and to make positive contributions to society.
Submit an absence, late arrival, or early dismissal using our online attendance form.
Early Dismissal or Change in Transportation Form
Need to report an early dismissal or a temporary change in transportation? Complete this form.
What's for Lunch Today?
School Payments Made Easy
From the cafeteria to the classroom, pay anytime, anywhere from your computer or smartphone.