There are many activities offered to Forestville ES students during school and before/after school.
- Safety Patrols - Forestville has a team of safety patrols consisting of selected fifth and sixth graders who serve the school in various capacities. They help ensure safety in the following areas:
- Inside the school at entrances during arrival and dismissals
- On school buses under the authority of the bus driver
- At bus stops
Student Council Association (SCA) - Students elect class representatives from each grade, and the representatives attend monthly meetings. 5th and 6th grade students run for President, Vice President, Historian, and Treasurer in September. The SCA sponsors activities such as food drives and a spirit week.
- After-school club programs including:
- foreign languages, and
- PTA curriculum enrichment resources to enrich SOL instruction
- Emphasis on community wellness:
- running club and
- rock climbing wall integrated into the physical education program etc.
- PTA events including:
- four cultural arts assemblies,
- evening lecture series on topics of interest to parents, and
- family fun activities such as Bingo and Ice Cream Social, Sock Hop, and Skate Night
- GRACE Art - This is a parent volunteer program designed to expose children to different forms of art and artists. From Architects to Painters, to media and colors, children experience and explore art through pre-planned lessons prepared by parent volunteers.